Business Development & Partnerships Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Animoca Brands, a Deloitte Tech Fast winner and ranked in the Financial Times list of High Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021, is a leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification that is working to advance digital property rights. It develops and publishes a broad portfolio of products including the REVV token and SAND token; original games including The Sandbox, Crazy Kings, and Crazy Defense Heroes; and products utilizing popular intellectual properties including Disney, WWE, Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, Power Rangers, MotoGP™, and Formula E. The company has multiple subsidiaries, including The Sandbox, Blowfish Studios, Quidd, GAMEE, nWay, Pixowl, Forj, Lympo, Grease Monkey Games, and Eden Games. Animoca Brands has a growing portfolio of more than 200 investments in NFT-related companies and decentralized projects that are contributing to building the open metaverse, including Axie Infinity, OpenSea, Dapper Labs (NBA Top Shot), Yield Guild Games, Harmony, Alien Worlds, Star Atlas, and others. For more information visit www.animocabrands.com or follow on Twitter or Facebook.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Partnership Development Specialist. As a BD & Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and managing strategic partnerships to onboard institutions and developers as contributors to the Open Campus protocol and broader ecosystem.
- Identify and Research Opportunities: Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential partnership opportunities within the educational platform space.
- Develop Partnership Strategy: Work closely with the senior management team to develop a comprehensive partnership strategy to identify key target partners, educational institutions, whilst prioritising partnership opportunities based on strategic fit and potential impact.
- Cultivate and Manage Relationships: Proactively engage with prospective partners, including educational institutions, whilst helping earmark key blockchain projects, and dApp developers.
- Negotiate and Formalise Partnerships: Collaborate with legal and finance teams to negotiate partnership agreements and contracts. Ensure that all partnership agreements are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and reflect the objectives and interests of both parties in the educational platform domain.
- Collaboration and Collaboration Support: Coordinate cross-functional collaboration efforts within our organization to support partnership initiatives in the decentralised web education space. Facilitate effective communication and collaboration between internal teams and external partners to ensure smooth implementation and delivery of partnership activities.
- Monitor and Evaluate Partnerships: Develop metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) specific to education to assess the effectiveness and impact of partnership initiatives. Regularly monitor and evaluate partnership performance, track progress, and provide reports to senior management.
- Stay Informed and Share Knowledge: Stay abreast of the latest developments, best practices, and emerging opportunities in the Web3 educational platform sector. Share knowledge and insights with the team to support continuous learning and improvement in the decentralized web education domain.
Requirements / Skill Set:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Education, Computer Science, Business, or related discipline).Proven experience in partnership development, business development, or a related role, preferably in the educational space.
- Experience working at blockchain technology companies, decentralised applications, and the Web3 ecosystem, with a specific focus on educational platforms is preferred, but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage complex partnership agreements within the decentralized web landscape.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to identify opportunities and develop effective partnership strategies in the educational platform space.
- Results-oriented mindset with a track record of achieving targets and driving partnership success.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders in the education sector.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Dynamic and Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Token and NFT incentive schemes provided by Animoca Brands
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Casual work attire
- Opportunity to get involved in working with various subsidiary brands
- Benefits (Medical / Life / Transportation Allowances)
Personal Information Collection Statement:
Personal data provided by the Job Applicant will be used strictly in accordance with the Employer's Personal Data Policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon his/her request. All classified data will be treated confidentially within the Human Resources & Administration Department. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants may be retained for a period of up to 3 months.