Practice Support Lawyer
Customer Service, Legal
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2022
Animoca Brands, a Deloitte Tech Fast winner and ranked in the Financial Times list of High Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021, is a leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification that is working to advance digital property rights. It develops and publishes a broad portfolio of products including the REVV token and SAND token; original games including The Sandbox, Crazy Kings, and Crazy Defense Heroes; and products utilizing popular intellectual properties including Disney, WWE, Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, Power Rangers, MotoGP™, and Formula E. The company has multiple subsidiaries, including The Sandbox, Blowfish Studios, Quidd, GAMEE, nWay, Pixowl, Forj, Lympo, Grease Monkey Games, and Eden Games. Animoca Brands has a growing portfolio of more than 200 investments in NFT-related companies and decentralized projects that are contributing to building the open metaverse, including Axie Infinity, OpenSea, Dapper Labs (NBA Top Shot), Yield Guild Games, Harmony, Alien Worlds, Star Atlas, and others. For more information visit www.animocabrands.com or follow on Twitter or Facebook.
Responsible for scoping, designing and putting in place documentation, process and systems for the legal team.
- Scoping and implementing necessary process and procedures for legal team
- Drafting various templates for agreements commonly used
- Setting up and maintaining systems that optimise record keeping, access to information, knowledge sharing
- Collating relevant research and precedents
- Keeping updated and preparing reports on relevant regulatory developments
- Training legal team and business teams on relevant transaction mechanics, developments and regulations
- Assisting team tap into relevant external training with law firms and other providers
- Scoping need for relevant automation of certain functions
- Developing strong relations with legal team and business units
Requirements / Skill Sets:
- Qualified lawyer (ideally in Hong Kong or other common law jurisdictions) - 4 to 6 years PQE with relevant experience gained in a reputable law firm or in-house environment
- At least 2 years as a practice support lawyer with a major law firm
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong legal research and knowledge development skills
- Strong review and drafting documentation skills
- Good communicator, strong organisation and document management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, adaptable, detail-minded and team player
- Dynamic and Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Token and NFT incentive schemes provided by Animoca Brands
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Casual work attire
- Opportunity to get involved in working with various subsidiary brands
- Benefits (Medical / Life / Transportation Allowances)
Personal Information Collection Statement:
Personal data provided by the Job Applicant will be used strictly in accordance with the Employer's Personal Data Policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon his/her request. All classified data will be treated confidentially within the Human Resources & Administration Department. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants may be retained for a period of up to 3 months.
See more open positions at Animoca Brands
Something looks off?