Senior 3D Artist
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2022
Animoca Brands, a Deloitte Tech Fast winner and ranked in the Financial Times list of High Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021, is a leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification that is working to advance digital property rights. It develops and publishes a broad portfolio of products including the REVV token and SAND token; original games including The Sandbox, Crazy Kings, and Crazy Defense Heroes; and products utilizing popular intellectual properties including Disney, WWE, Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, Power Rangers, MotoGP™, and Formula E. The company has multiple subsidiaries, including The Sandbox, Blowfish Studios, Quidd, GAMEE, nWay, Pixowl, Forj, Lympo, Grease Monkey Games, and Eden Games. Animoca Brands has a growing portfolio of more than 200 investments in NFT-related companies and decentralized projects that are contributing to building the open metaverse, including Axie Infinity, OpenSea, Dapper Labs (NBA Top Shot), Yield Guild Games, Harmony, Alien Worlds, Star Atlas, and others. For more information visit www.animocabrands.com or follow on Twitter or Facebook.
- Modeling, texturing and animation for apps and games;
- Stylized low-poly character and environment creation and production;
- Producing high-quality 3D game or app previews;
- Optimization and maintenance of scenes, character assets and particle effects;
- Support engineering development by updating and modifying artwork to meet technical requirements in a timely and efficient manner;
- Contribute and advise on style and direction of new game/app, keeping in mind limitations associated with software and project milestones;
- Work with the Production team and other artists to define key milestones and deliverables and contribute towards improving production pipeline;
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production;
- Actively accept and provide feedback and critique to/from Producer, Leads and artists;
- Act as the intermediary between Producer and art team to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of game/app assets;
- Make a significant, direct contribution to the creation of art within the organization;
- Keep up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in our industry and pertaining to your field.
- Must have 3-5 years or above experience in games, apps or equivalent. Ideally worked on at least 1 shipped app or game;
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience; 3D Max and Photoshop are must.
- Familiar with Illustrator, After Effect, Premiere Application are advantageous; Excellent graphic, illustration and conceptual skills;
- Strong awareness for real time graphics issues;
- Proficiency in special effects and concept drawing will be an advantage;
- Experience creating and rendering environments in 3ds max or other tool is a plus;
- Experience with Maya, Unity 3D or other 3D software packages and Z-Brush is a plus;
- Experience with UI design for web or mobile apps is a plus;
- Interest in computer games, game development or mobile apps a plus;
- Only candidates with digital portfolios will be considered.
Working visa sponsorship and relocation allowance will be provided for non-Hong Kong candidates.
If you feel you might be who we are looking for, please send your cover letter and CV. We regret that due to the large volumes of applications we receive, we can only respond to candidates who fit the brief.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after six months.
- Dynamic and Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Token and NFT incentive schemes provided by Animoca Brands
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Casual work attire
- Opportunity to get involved in working with various subsidiary brands
- Benefits (Medical / Life / Transportation Allowances)
Personal Information Collection Statement:
Personal data provided by the Job Applicant will be used strictly in accordance with the Employer's Personal Data Policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon his/her request. All classified data will be treated confidentially within the Human Resources & Administration Department. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants may be retained for a period of up to 3 months.
See more open positions at Animoca Brands
Something looks off?